Our Story

How it all started...

Denham Springs Church of Christ had its beginnings in the summer of 1953. Brother Richard Ramsey began to have meetings in the home of Esco Edwards and by May of 1954 the small group was meeting each Sunday night at the old city hall building.

The first elders were appointed in 1971. They were brothers C.B. Russel (1971-1992), Harry Prather (1971-2014), John Parker (1971-2014), Earl Johnston (1971-present), and Alan Bundy (1971-present). Brother Sydney Mayeux served as the first minister until his death in 1962.

The present property on St. Louis St. was purchased in the late 1950’s. On the property was an old Red and White store building which was renovated and served as the first church building. The present main building was built in 1976 with most of the work being done by church members.

Be a part of our story...

Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship together at 10:45.